ADOPTION – PROCEDURE – INTER COUNTRY
The authorities/agencies involved in Inter-country adoption will be
• Competent Court
• Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA)
• Central Authority in the receiving Country (CA)
• Indian Diplomatic Missions Abroad
• Foreign Diplomatic Missions in India
• Authorised Foreign Adoption Agency (AFAA)
• State Adoption Resource Agency (SARA)
• Recognised Indian Placement Agency (RIPA)
• Adoption Recommendation Committee (ARC)
• Adoption Coordinating Agency (ACA)
Stage I : Registration for NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign PAP(s)
a) PAP(s) desiring to adopt child/children from India may register with the Authorized Foreign Adoption Agency (AFAA) or Central Authority/Government Department dealing with adoption matters in the receiving country.
b) The PAP(s), with the help of AFAA/CA should obtain the permission of the competent authority of their country for adopting a child from India.
For more information, you may visit http://www.adoptionindia.nic.in and oblige.